35 original weekly passages organized with the story on one page. Parent tips and comprehension questions are on the back. Each four week section is organized around a theme and includes fiction and nonfiction passages. Over the course of the year the passages cover a variety of genres: informational text, fable, biography, myth, folktale, tall tale, etc. All of it is common core aligned.
Our fluency topics:
1. School and friendship
2. Things that come in 3s
3. Eat me when I’m fatter
4. Fable vs. Fact
5. Denmark: Legos and Hans Christian Andersen
6. India: the Mongoose and Rudyard Kipling
8. Mississippi River lore (7 weeks)
The pages is set up to make this run as smoothly as possible for Mom and Dad. The main focus is, of course, the story. The number of words for each line is noted to the right side. At the bottom of the story is a place for Mom or Dad to record the words read.
The packet includes:
• 35 common core aligned weekly 2nd grade passages and comprehension questions that cover a variety of genres
• Parent note explaining how (and why) to do this assignment
• Fluency bookmarks to remind students how fluent reading should sound
Visit our blog
to read more about the fluency homework.
You may also be interested in:
-2nd Grade Common Core Morning Work
-2nd Grade Common Core Homework (100 Days)
-2nd Grade Common Core Homework Add-On Pack
-2nd Grade Common Core Morning Messages
-2nd Grade Common Core Cumulative Math Review Activity
Connect with us here:
Second Story Window