Keywords: Advanced placement biology, test prep, AP exam, AP biology exam.
This is not a teaching powerpoint. This powerpoint is suitable for Advanced Placement Biology classes that need a quick review over a particular topic. Several months before the AP Biology exam, I begin to run through these short powerpoints to start my students on the road to reviewing for the exam in May. Each powerpoint is a set of questions followed by the answer. As the exam approaches, I spend 10 to 15 minutes each class period running through the questions on these review powerpoints. Keeping previously taught material fresh in the mind of the student is key to scoring well on the AP exam.
This powerpoint would not be suitable for teaching the material for the first time. This powerpoint is simply a question followed by the answer. It covers what I consider to be the main points and ideas for each topic.
This particular powerpoint contains 296 slides with review questions and answers. It covers the following topics:
1. Major invertebrate phyla: major characteristics of each phylum and organisms found in each phylum
2. parazoa and eumetazoa
3. Type of symmetry in each phylum
4. acoelomates, pseudocoelomates, coelomates
5. Basic body plans
6. Comparison of body systems
7. protostomes and deuterostomes
8. Characteristics of Chordates
9. Basic characteristics of the three subphyla of the phylum chordata
10. Characteristics of vertebrates
11. Systems of the body: basic function and organs found in each system
12. Basic characteristics of the classes of vertebrates
The powerpoint is based on the 8th edition "Biology" by Campbell and Reece.
I hope that you will take a look at the free preview. It consists of the first 21 slides of the powerpoint. Thanks for looking!