This packet was designed around a specific math skill (Addition Concepts -1.OA.1, 1.OA.2, 1.OA.3, 1.OA.7), rather than a season or theme. This makes it easy to incorporate at any time during the year.
The games are easy for the teacher to make and easy for the children to play individually or in groups of two/three.
They have been used successfully in my classroom and altered as needed to be more user friendly for my students.
8 math games included:
1. Adding in any order matching game (learn that 4+6 is the same as 6+4) (1.OA.3)
2. Addition in any order dominos (1.OA.3)
3. Ways to make a number (learn that many problems equal the same number, discover the pattern that as one addend goes up, the other goes down) (1.OA.1.)
4. Representing an addition problem in words and pictures to show the relationship between the two. (1.OA.1)
5. Part-Part-Whole puzzles (Kids practice using a mat to solve simple word problems.)
6. Match addition sentences that have the same sum. (1.OA.2)
7. Same sum sort (sort addition problems to make true statements using an equal sign(1.OA.1)
8. Sort addition problems to make true statements using an equal sign. (1.OA.7)
Click here for other Common Core math game packs!
Click here for a year of math games (78 games total) that allow for practice of all 1st Grade Common Core Math Standards!
Thanks for stopping by!! If you enjoy this product, please feel free to visit my Liv to Teach Blog
for more fun ideas, Follow my store for future updates and freebies, or earn TpT credits for items you download by leaving feedback!