Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
11.57 MB | 25 pages
An engaging, Common-Core-based unit in which students analyze quotes from The Diary of Anne Frank and make character inferences about this amazing young woman.
In "In Her Own Words," students work in groups to make character inferences based on quotations from Anne Frank's diary. Each student in the group has a clearly defined role assignment, so everyone will be actively engaged in the activity. After the group activity, students will build on the inferences they made with their groups by writing an analysis essay in which they use quotes from Anne Frank to support their analysis of her character and personality.
This download includes...
* Full daily lesson plans for the entire unit (everything is ready to go right out of the box!)
* A 31-slide PREZI media presentation that introduces the activity and gives background information about Anne Frank
* Printable handouts of quotations from Anne Frank's diary
* An overhead of Group Roles
* A Scribe worksheet
* Complete materials for the analysis essay including pre-writing materials, scaffolding for struggling writers, paragraph-by-paragraph instructions, a grading rubric, and two real example essays from 8th grade students
* A complete teacher's guide
This unit should take between one and two weeks of class time.
The unit files will come in well-designed, ready-to-use PDF files. And remember that you need Flash Player installed to view the PREZI presentation.