The Astronomy notes and powerpoint cover a vast range of information.
- Astronomers & how astronomy first developed
- Earth-Moon-Sun relationship and motions
- Moon phases, surface features and origin
- An overview of the solar system
- Definition of a planet versus a dwarf planet (Ceres, Pluto & Eris)
- Minor members of the solar system
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Telescopes (reflecting, refracting, radio & space)
- Sun layers & solar activity
- Star characteristics
- Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram
- Stellar Evolution
- Expanding Universe
All pictures and diagrams in the powerpoint and notes are from NASA, are public domain or are drawn by me.
In the notes section of the powerpoint, lecture information is included to explain the concepts and go into more detail than the powerpoint slides.
The outline notes are 12 pages (answer key another 12 pages) and the powerpoint is 135 pages of notes and pictures.
The notes are in two formats: Word & PDF.