This is a test on atomic structure. It is appropriate for a high school physical science or chemistry class in grades 9 - 12. Types of questions include multiple choice, fill in the blank, and computation.
This test covers the following content:
1. Early ideas about atoms: Democritus, Dalton.
2. Atomic size and the subatomic particles: Discovery of subatomic particles, relative size of subatomic particles, charge of subatomic particles.
3. Ground state and excited state of atoms.
4. Experiments of JJ Thomson, Rutherford and Bohr.
5. Students will determine the number of protons, neutrons, and electrons in an atom and in ions.
6. Atomic number, atomic mass, weighted averages in atomic mass.
7. Isotopes: Definition, comparing the different isotopes of atoms, numbers of neutrons in different isotopes.
This is a 5-page test for the student, and includes a 2-page answer key for the teacher. There are 27 multiple choice questions, 12 Fill in the blank questions, and 28 questions that involve problem solving.
You will receive both a Word document and a pdf version of the test.
You might also be interested in the following:
Atomic Structure Worksheet
Lab: How Many Atoms Thick?
Lab: Isotopes and Atomic Mass
I hope that you will follow me at:
My TpT Store
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (aka Science Stuff)