Do your students have trouble distinguishing between the letters B and D while reading? If so, these activities can provide your students practice in identifying the letters B and D and determining which letter is used in words. You will find 6 activities in this packet:
1. Highlight a letter - Students use a highlighter to identify either B or D.
2. B & D sort – Students cut and paste the letters B & D onto the sorting mat. For differentation purposes, students can sort by words beginning with B & D.
3. Circle the Letter – Students look at the letter at the beginning of the row. Then students circle all of those letters in the rest of the row.
4. Follow the B or D – Students color the first letter listed at start. Continue coloring that letter to follow the path.
5. Cloze sentences – Students read the sentence and fill in the word that makes sense.
6. Pocket Chart Activity – Students place the word cards in a pocket chart then add the b or d to complete the word. A recording sheet is provided for after the game.
Thanks for checking out my products!