Spice up the beginning of the year by incorporating Get-to-Know You fandexes into the beginning of the year festivities. A fandex is like it sounds...a book that fans out, much like the Brain Quest cards you fan out.
This product includes 50 mix-and-match template pages to create class wide or individual fandex books focused on the most important part of your classroom...your students! Kids absolutely love making these and reading these! Cut fandex pages out, fasten in the bottom left hand corner, and voila, your students have a book all about them.
This activity is a great way for:
1.Students to feel ownership in their classroom.
2. You to get to know your students.
3. Students to get to know each other.
4. Students to write with a purpose.
5. Build community.
6. Easy to prepare morning work.
Laminate pages and have all students put their fandex into a book box for students to read during reading workshop all year! Since they are easy to fasten, students can also add new pages throughout the year.
Page Topics Include:
1. Cover Pages: (pages 2 to 9)
2. Me (pages 10 and 11)
3. My Humble Abode (page 12)
4. My Family (pages 13 to 25)
5. Favorites and Least Favorites (pages 26 to 39)
6. I Have a Dream (page 40)
7. Moments (pages 41 to 46) Happiest - Saddest - Proudest - Embarrassing - Toughest
8. If I Could... (page 48)
9. Would You Rather? (page 49)
10. The Best Part of Me (page 50)
11. Top 5 (pages 51 to 60)
Back to School Fandex by a TEACHER on a MISSSION
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© a TEACHER on a MISSION, 2012
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.