This document consists of 47 questions on bacteria. There are 45 fill in the blank questions and 2 short answer questions. This can be used as a quiz, test, homework worksheet, or review. There is a drawing of a bacterial cell consisting of 7 structures that must be labeled.
I most often use this as a quiz during my unit on Viruses and Bacteria
which can be viewed by clicking this link.
Note: This product is also included in my bundled unit lesson plan that can be viewed by clicking this link: Viruses and Bacteria: Complete Teaching Unit containing 14 products
Topics covered include:
1. Introduction to Bacteria
2. Classification of prokaryotes
3. Characteristics of Bacteria
4. Structure of a bacterial cell: Students will label a diagram of a bacterial cell and will be tested over the function of each part.
5. How do bacteria obtain energy? Discussion of heterotrophs, autotrophs, parasites, saprophytes, photosynthesis and chemosynthesis.
6. Growth and reproduction of bacteria: requirements for growth, binary fission, conjugation, endospore formation
7. The importance of bacteria: Role of decomposers, nitrogen fixation, human uses of bacteria.
8. Bacterial diseases in humans: Ways bacteria cause disease, pathogens, vaccines, antibiotics.
9. Symbiotic relationships: mutualism, commensalism, and parasitism is discussed.
Your download will consist of a quiz or homework that is ready to be copied and passed out to your students. It is in "word" format so you can make changes to better suit your needs. You will also receive a pdf version.
All answers are included.
Other products related to this same topic:
Viruses and Bacteria Powerpoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Viruses and Bacteria: Complete Teaching Unit containing 14 products
Lab: Controlling Bacterial Growth
Test: Bacteria and Viruses
Lab: Microorganisms in School (Growing Bacteria)Lab: Soil Communities (Testing for Bacteria in the Soil)
Viruses: Homework and Study guide
Bacteria Homework / Study Guide
Viruses Crossword Puzzle
Bacteria and Prokaryotes Crossword Puzzle
Viruses Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Biology Lab: The Effect of Antiseptics and Disinfectants on Bacterial Growth
Bacteria Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
I hope that you will follow me at:
My TpT Store
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)