Bear Snores On is one of my favorite books in our reading series. The sweet tale by Karma Wilson is perfect for teaching about bears, hibernation, winter, forest animals, rhyming words and so much more! Here is what is included in this mini unit:
1. 3 Sets of ABC order cards: 7 cards per set. Students put the cards in ABC order and record them on the included recording sheet.
2. True/False cards: 10 statement cards and two headers. Students sort the sentences about the books as either "true" or "false". There is also a recording sheet.
3. Fiction/Non-Fiction cards: 10 statement cards and two headers. Student sort the sentences as something that could happen in a "fiction" book or a "non-fiction" book. Recording sheet included.
4. Sequence The Story: 6 cards which students can use to sequence and retell the story. Recording sheet included.
5. Noun/Verb/Adjective Sort: 3 headers and 18 cards. Students can sort the cards by part of speech and record on the recording sheet.
6. Rhyming Match Up: 18 cards (9 pairs) and a recording sheet. Students match up the rhymes and record them on their paper.
7. Mixed Up Sentences: 19 cards to make four different sentences. After unscrambling the sentences students can pick one to write and illustrate on their recording sheet.
Ask Rachelle Rosenblit a question. They will receive an automated email and will return to answer you as soon as possible.
Please Login to ask your question.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
I just purchased Bear Snores On (so darn cute), but was wondering if you could change one of the words for me in the put together sentences. The sentence you have is Hare strokes the fire. Could you please change strokes to stokes? This would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Yikes! I just re-read and realized I've been using the wrong word every time I read the story! I am fixing the word strokes to stokes the three places it appears in that unit and re-uploading it!! Thanks for letting me know!