Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, or Exit Slips.
Great Add-Ons for Interactive Notebooks.
59 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your unit on Cells: Cell Structure and Function, Photosynthesis, Cellular Respiration, Mitosis and Meiosis.
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
****Included in this product:
• 59 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (59 pages)
• Complete answer keys (59 Teacher Answer Pages)
• 6-page Teacher Guide
• Editable Template pages for starting a warm-up interactive notebook (title page, table of contents)
• Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
A typical biology or life science textbook is usually divided into ten units of study. This product is a set of activities that are used with a unit on Cell Structure and Physiology.
You might also be interested in Introduction to Science Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
Unit 2: Cell Structure and Physiology includes bell ringers for cell structure and function, photosynthesis, cellular respiration, and cell division (mitosis and meiosis). There are 59 total student pages.
Cell Structure and Physiology Titles (16 pages):
• The History of Cell Studies
• Cell Structure 101
• The Animal Cell
• The Plant Cell
• The Size of Cells
• Surface Area to Volume Ratio in Cells
• Internal Organization of the Cell
• The Cell Membrane
• Ribosomes and the Endoplasmic Reticulum
• Mitochondria and Chloroplasts
• The “Other” Organelles
• Plant versus Animal
• Cellular Organization
• Transport Across the Membrane 1
• Transport Across the Membrane 2
• Thinking Critically About Cells
Photosynthesis Titles (11 pages):
• Energy Flow
• Chemical Energy and ATP
• Introduction to Photosynthesis
• Light! Pigments! Action!
• The Chloroplast
• Electron Carriers
• Overview to the Stages of Photosynthesis
• Light Dependent Reaction
• The Calvin Cycle
• Alternatives to the 3-Carbon Pathway
• Thinking Critically About Photosynthesis
Cellular Respiration Titles (14 pages):
• Chemical Energy and ATP
• The Relationship Between Photosynthesis and Respiration
• Overview of Respiration
• The Fate of Pyruvic Acid
• The Mitochondria
• Overview of Aerobic Respiration
• Krebs Cycle
• Electron Transport Chain
• ATP Accounting
• Respiration Recap and Review
• Comparison of Photosynthesis and Respiration
• Thinking Critically About Cellular Respiration
Cell Division (Mitosis and Meiosis) Titles (18 pages):
• Introduction to Cell Division
• The Cell Cycle
• Let’s Draw the Stages
• Name That Stage!
• Telophase / Cytokinesis
• The Mitotic Spindle
• Differences in Animal and Plant Cell Mitosis
• Results / Importance of Mitosis
• Asexual versus Sexual Reproduction
• Cell Division and Chromosome Number
• Comparing Mitosis to Meiosis
• Thinking Critically About Cell Division
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
Related Products Include:
Introduction to Science Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
The Ultimate Science Teacher Binder
Graphic Organizers for Common Core Science and Technical Subjects Standards
Free! Graphic Organizer for Reading Science Informational Text
Calendars: Important Dates in Science History
Cell Structure and Function Complete Unit Bundle
Cellular Respiration Complete Unit Bundle
Mitosis and Meiosis Complete Unit Bundle
Photosynthesis Complete Unit Bundle
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)