Literacy Laws are rules to guide young students when learning to read, write, and spell. The activities in this packet are aligned to the Common Core Standards, with emphasis on Reading: Foundational Skills.
The Bossy R rule teaches children the sounds created when the letter r is with a, e, i, o, and u. Included in this packet are:
1. A description of this phonics rule with examples and teaching tips
2. An introduction activity
3. A poster to help students remember the rule when reading and writing
4. An original song for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book to introduce the Bossy R sounds
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. An individual or partner game
8. A worksheet to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. A fun enrichment activity.
The activities in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please check out the other Literacy Laws in my store. I'm in the process of writing books for each of the 24 Laws. Most of them are done. ("Literacy Law" is in the title.) Enjoy! Sheila