This huge literacy, math, and science unit that is great for the beginning of the year. The new little ones in your classroom are sure to be engaged and having fun while learning their letters, numbers, letter sounds and working on those fine motor skills. All of the activities have a recording sheet included and many have differentiated recording sheets. There are more than 30 literacy and math activities in this unit. Hope you enjoy it.
Literacy Activities Include:
- Letter Tracing Sheets
- Solve the Missing Letters Sheets
- Letter Card Games
- I SPY Letters
- Uppercase/Lowercase Letter Match – Students can refer to I CAN poster for assistance
- Alphabetical Order - Students can refer to I CAN poster for assistance
- Mystery Letters Activity – What Letter Comes Before and After
- Magnetic Letters Activity
- Beginning Sounds Match
- Capital Letter, Lowercase Letter, and Beginning Sounds Match includes mat
- Brown Bear Sequencing Activity
- Emergent Reader – emphasizing – sight words I SEE and color words. Kiddos also get to color the pictures . (2 books)
- Color Word Matching
- Roll a Color Word and Color or Graph
- Spin a Color Word and Color of Graph
- Roll a Color and Color or Graph
- Pocket Chart – Build a Color Word includes 3 recording sheets: spell the color word, solve the beginning letter, and solve the ending letter
- Pocket Chart – Build a Brown Bear Themed Sight Word sentence
- Number to Number Word Matching
- Roll a Number Word and Color or Graph
-Spin a Number Word and Color or Graph
- Sight Word Game includes first 16 words from Frys 1st 100 words, color word, and number words.
- I SPY Sight Words
- Labeling Activity
- Playdough Letter Mats
- Playdough Color Word Mats
Sense of Touch and Sight – Cut and Paste Materials to Brown Bear Characters
Common Core Math Activities Include:
- Fun Sorting by Color Activity
- Solve the Missing Number Sheets
- Counting Forward from a Given Number
- Number Sequence – Cut and Paste
- Number Card Games
- Matching Number to Number of Objects includes recording sheet
- Magnetic Numbers Activity
- Numerical Order includes several recording sheets – Students can refer to I CAN poster for assistance
- Roll a Number and Graph
- Roll a Number and Color
- Playdough Number Mats for Number Recognition and One to One Correspondence
There are also several letter and number tracing worksheets included so they can practice their writing skills.
Thanks for looking.
If you do decide to purchase this unit, please look at your purchases page every so often for updates. I am always of thinking of new things to add to units.
Ask Having Fun in Kinder a question. They will receive an automated email and will return to answer you as soon as possible.
Please Login to ask your question.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
Hi ...love all your products...i"m just beginning my eric carle unit and using the brown bear Literacy math science unit...I can't find the letter cards which match the mystery alphabet section...would appreciate your help..thanks
Hi. I was using the cards on pages 5 - 14 to use with this activity. I did not want to duplicate alphabet cards to save on paper. Hope that helps:)
April 6, 2013
Great unit!!! I can't wait to get back and incorportate it into kindergarten centers. Near the end, my unit is missing the Nn and Rr from the playdough mat section. Everything else is fantastic. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for letting me know. I will look into and fix.
Update: I have uploaded a revised file. You may download it. Thanks again for letting me know, so sorry.
August 15, 2012
I purchased your beginning of the yaer chicka chicka boom boom set and the CCBB playdough set because I did not know the playdough cards were included.
You might want to edit description of play dough mats to let people know :)
Yes, I was just realizing that. I am more than happy to send you another unit for free of course. I am busy while I have the time off creating items, is there any theme in particular you are interested in?