1. 10 vowel mats (both long and short)
2. 120 vowel cards for sorting
3. 10 Answer keys that use pictures to help students.
4. Over 50 extensions (found on the answer key) to help enrich students if they finish with the activity early.
5. The possibility of over 40 different sorting games (according to how you mix and match the vowel mats).
Coorelated to Common Core:
RF.1.2 Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
*Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words.
RF.2.3.Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
Distinguish long and short vowels when reading regularly spelled one-syllable words.
Know spelling-sound correspondences for additional common vowel teams.
I have been teaching for 18 years, 13 of which were in the inner city. Along the way I earned my master's and a specialist's degree. I have conducted several balanced workshops in the Southeast Tennessee area.