Search words: cell organelles, cell structure and function, plant cells, animal cells, nucleus, cell theory, mitochondria, ribosomes, endoplasmic reticulum.
NOTE: This product is also included in a large, bundled unit lesson plan and can be viewed here: Cell Structure and Function Complete Bundled Unit Plan
My students love to review using this Jeopardy Powerpoint review game. I have found that my students pay far greater attention to the review when it is in a competitive game format.
This review game has 6 categories with 5 questions in each category. Concepts/terms covered are:
1) The Discovery of the Cell: Hooke, Leeuwenhoek, Schleiden, Schwann, Virchow, The Cell Theory.
2) Process that all cells must be able to perform: ingestion, digestion, respiration, biosynthesis, excretion, irritability
3) Structures found in cells: nucleus, nucleolus, cell membrane, endoplasmic reticulum, ribosomes, Golgi, vacuole, mitochondria, cytoplasm,
4) Differences between plant and animal cells: cell wall, plastids, central vacuole, turgor pressure.
5) Levels of cellular organization
6) Prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells.
This powerpoint jeopardy game consists of 63 slides. Please download my free preview. It has the first 13 slides of the game so that you can get an idea of how it works. The game is limited to 30 questions. For this topic, there are many more possible questions that could be asked. If would be very easy for you to delete some of my questions and add some of your own to make this review game more applicable to your students.
You might also be interested in the following:
Cell Structure and Function Powerpoint and Notes
Cell Structure and Function Bundled Unit of 19 products
Lab: Determining the Osmolarity of Cells
Lab: The Effect of Solutions on Cells
Homework or Quiz on Cells
Lab: Diffusion Through a Nonliving Membrane
Lab: Qualitative and Quantitative Plasmolysis
Lab: The Effect of Concentration on the RAte of Diffusion
Cell Organelles MAtching Worksheet
Lab: Diversity of Cell Structures
Cell Organelles Crossword Puzzle
Cell Structure and Function - Set of 3 Quizzes
Test: Cell Structure and Function and Membrane Transport