72 Slides! And notes!
Search words: Cellular respiration, Glycolysis, Krebs cycle, electron transport chain, anaerobic, aerobic, ATP, fermentation.
If you have never taught a lesson using a Powerpoint presentation, you have to give it a try! My students always prefer this to a traditional lecture.
This PowerPoint is on Cellular Respiration. It consists of 72 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher (11 pages) and a set of notes for the student (16 pages).
Note: This product is also contained in a complete bundled unit plan and can be viewed here: Cellular Respiration Complete Bundled Unit Plan
I hope that you will download my free preview to get a peak of the slides and notes that are included in this product.
Topics covered are:
1. The importance of food.
2. Chemical energy and ATP, structure of the ATP molecule, the conversion of ADP to ATP.
3. The relationship between photosynthesis and respiration, the reactants and products of photosynthesis and respiration, the use and release of energy in photosynthesis and respiration.
4. Overview of Respiration, definition, equation for respiration, types of respiration, stages of respiration.
5, Details of glycolysis, ATP use, ATP production, NADH, end products, advantages and disadvantages of glycolysis.
6. The fate of pyruvic acid, what happens if oxygen is present, what happens if oxygen is absent.
7. Overview of aerobic respiration, Krebs cycle, electron transport chain, differences in respiration in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, structure of the mitochondria.
8. The bridge reaction of the conversion of pyruvic acid to acetyl CoA.
9. The Krebs cycle, ATP production, NADH production, FADH2 production, carbon dioxide release.
10. Summary of the Krebs cycle
11. The electron transport chain, definition, use of NADH and FADH2, the pumping of hydrogen protons across the membrane, ATP synthase, ATP production, the production of water.
12. Recap of electron transport
13. ATP accounting
15. Alcoholic fermentation
16. Lactic acid fermentation
17. The evolution of anaerobic and aerobic pathways.
18. A comparison of photosynthesis and respiration.
This PowerPoint is appropriate for any biology student in grades 9 - 12. It can be used in first or second year biology classes.
Also included is a set of notes to accompany this PowerPoint. It includes a complete set of notes for the teacher, and an outline of the notes for the students. Students will use the outline as the PowerPoint is being presented and will fill in the notes as the lesson is being taught.
Other products related to this topic include:
Lab: Measuring the Energy in Foods
Test: Cellular Respiration
Jeopardy Review Games on Respiration - Set of 3 Games
Lab: Gas Exchange in Cellular Respiration
Cellular respiration quiz/homework
Lab: Measuring Differences in Muscular Activity
Cellular Respiration Crossword Puzzle
Cellular Respiration Homework and Study Guide
Lab: The Use of Glucose in Cellular Respiration
Using Cabbage Juice as an Indicator of Carbon Dioxide Production in Cellular Respiration
Amy Brown - Science Stuff