This 160 page unit is full of activities that revolve around the popular children's book. Activities included in this unit are perfect for the beginning of the year. These activities allow for differentiation and can be used in a variety of settings and Common Core Standards are included for each activity. Students can use these activities whole group, small group, or even centers. The games in this unit are perfect for all year fun and are great for parent volunteers!
Graphing activities allow for days worth of science fun!
*Check out the preview to see sample pages from the unit!
- Lowercase/Uppercase Letter Match
- Uppercase/ Sound Match
- Uppercase Letter Game
- Lowercase Letter Game
- Sight Word Game (all 100 Fry Words)
- Roll, Say, Keep Sight Words (all 100 Fry words)
- Roll, Say, Keep Uppercase and Lowercase Letters
- Letter Spinner with recording sheet (2 included for differentiation)
- Letter Spinner with coloring sheet
- Sight Word Spinner with recording sheet (2 included for differentiation)
- Letter, Word, Sentence Sort with recording sheet
- Beginning Sound Sort with recording sheet
- Letter Font Sort
- Letters Dice Toss
- Uppercase Letter Writing Sheet
- Lowercase Letter Writing Sheet
Chicka Chick Data Graph Pieces and Recording Sheets (13 pages included!)
- 2 graphing questions
- Graphing pages
- Prediction pages
- 1-20 Sequence and recording sheet (2 for differentiation)
- 10 Frame Matching (1-20)
- Number Counting Puzzles (1-15)
- Unifix Cube Counting Mat
- Dice Toss Roll and Cover
- Number Writing Practice 1-10
- Numbers to 20 - One-to-one correspondence
- Numbers Die Toss
I absolutely love doing our Chicka Chicka Boom Boom unit and this is a perfect addition to our beginning of the year literacy centers. I have collected resources, but nothing as cute as this!!! You are a new seller to me and I have added you to my list of favorites so I can keep coming back for more! :0)
Please let me know the unit looks like (there is a section on TPT to help you download the newest version of adobe- this sometimes can fix the problem) or provide me an email address. I will make sure to get the unit fixed for you.
I have been teaching Kindergarten for three years! I have received my Reading Endorsement and English Speakers of Other Languages Endorsement as well. In addition for the last year I have been working on Common Core implementation at my school.