Very detailed daily lesson plans for a unit on Chopin's The Awakening and Ibsen's A Doll House.
1. 14 daily lesson plans broken down into time increments/activity for 95 minute block scheduling!
2. Timeline project w/rubric
3. Intro Activities (how to annotate text, QQN acronym explanation/example, gender quotes anticipation activity, 19th century etiquette background)
4. Literary Terms project/rubric
5. Group novel analysis asst/rubric (with possible responses)
6. Notes/discussion points for each day's reading for both The Awakening and A Doll House
7. Debate activity-to prep for comp essay
8. Comparison essay asst/rubric for the 2 works (plus teacher notes on common mistakes)
9. Peer edit sheets for comparison essay
10. 2 poems (theme-related) for analysis (teacher notes included)
11. Essay test prompts
12. A few extra goodies for unit-word search, tone study, irony chart, and Taboo game!
8th grade Language Arts (1 year)
9th grade English (2 years)
Yearbook/Newspaper (2 years)
11th Grade Am Lit (7 years)
12th Grade World Lit (7 years)
AP English Language (1 year)
AP English Literature (3 years)