Chrysanthemum is a wonderful story to read aloud during the first week back to school. It helps students realize the differences among their peers, as well appreciate each other's unique and special qualities.
This product includes 5 activities:
1. Creating a graph with the number of letters in each student's name.
2. Parent letter to send home to gain more information about each student's name
3. Three Writing Prompts (2 different writing lines provided)
4. ABC order activity - 12 words with recording sheet. I've provided two different lists of words to allow for differentiation.
5. Finding Words activity - How many smaller words can your students find in Chrysanthemum? I included extension activity for students to find smaller words with their name. (word tiles and recording sheet included)
I hope you like this product and find it useful the first week of school. Please contact me if you have any questions.