Ask your students to complete one of these fun writing activities.
Have your students cut their page out.
Compile all the pages together with the cover to the front. Staple together, and you have a fun 'class book' that your students will treasure.
Do enough of these class books over the year, so that your students can all take one home and keep to remember the class - I have one that is over 30 years old!
The stories included are:
1. Up in the Air (Bird Shaped Book)
2. Lost in the Dark Forest (Owl Shaped Book)
3. I'm Being Chased by a Dinosaur (Dinosaur Shaped Book)
4. A Day in the Pond (Frog Shaped Book)
5. I am King for a Day (Crown Shaped Book)
6. I am Queen for a Day (Crown Shaped Book)
7. Over the Rainbow (Rainbow Shaped Book)
8. Sail Away To..... (Boat Shaped Book)
Each shape book comes with a cover, lined page and blank page. You could use the blank pages to devise your own activities or ask younger students to draw a picture.
You will love using this set of creative writing worksheets. Please keep a look out for our 2nd set - coming soon!
My name is Melanie. I have been a classroom teacher in Australia since 2001, and designing digital resources for teachers since 2005. I love doing both and think TpT is wonderful for bringing both worlds together for me!