This activity is fantastic in regard to teaching the art of negotiation and compromise.
Click on this link for this lesson bundled with a discounted comprehensive personal finance unit: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Comprehensive-Personal-Finance-Unit
Students get into groups of four, with two people representing management and two people representing labor.
1. Rules: both sides are given the same handout, which explains the proceedings and the objectives that need to be met by both sides of the negotiations.
2. There is even a negotiation example to use while explaining the activity.
3. In the years that I have conducted this activity, I have found that offering up any type of incentive for the group that negotiates most effectively and respectfully (and accomplishes many of the listed objectives) gives the students even more motivation to negotiate.
4. The labor reps will receive two handouts: The Labor Objectives to be met and the Labor Proposal sheet. When both sides agree on an objective, they fill out their respective Labor Proposal and Management Proposal sheets.
5. The management reps will receive two handouts: The Management Objectives to be met and the Management Proposal sheet.
This product is licensed for use in one classroom. For additional discounted licenses if the product will be used in more than one classroom, please click on "Buy Multiple Licenses." Thank you for your interest in my store!