This packet is just what you need to start off the year in kindergarten! It can also be adapted for pre-k, 1st and 2nd!
You may be wondering, "What is in this fabulous packet???"
1. Large ABC wall display cards, with the vowels in red including a picture for both the short and long sound
2. Flashcards for uppercase letters (4 to a page)
3. Flashcards for lowercase letters (4 to a page)
4. Flashcards for beginning sounds (4 to a page)
5. Letter sort mats that can also be printed off for recording sheets
6. A page for each letter with 20 different styles/fonts (including uppercase and lowercase) to sort
The flashcards can be used for daily review during your morning meeting, to play memory in small group/literacy stations, to put in ABC order (sequencing!), and more!!!
Common Core Standards covered in this packet are:
RF.K.1. Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
--Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
--Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
RF.K.2. Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
--Isolate and pronounce the initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in three-phoneme (consonant-vowel-consonant, or CVC) words.
RF.K.3. Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
--Demonstrate basic knowledge of letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary or most frequent sound for each consonant.
--Associate the long and short sounds with the common spellings (graphemes) for the five major vowels.
They are 8x11 (the size of a piece of printer paper). If you have ADOBE, you can print them off smaller (by printing multiple pages on one page). They come in mixture of colors: red, purple, blue, green, and yellow borders!