This quiz was written to test the material on my ecology unit called, Community Ecology.
This document can be used as a quiz, as a homework assignment or as test review. The document contains 31 questions. There are 29 fill in the blank questions and 2 short answer questions. Answer key is provided.
PLEASE NOTE: This quiz is also included in my Community Ecology Complete Lesson Plan Bundle
This quiz is appropriate for biology or life science students in grades 7 - 12.
Topics covered by the quiz are:
1. Community Interactions: Definition of community, types of community interactions such as competition, predation, symbiosis, mutualism, commensalism, and parasitism.
2. Competition: Definition of competition, resource, competitive exclusion principle, character displacement, many examples, resource partitioning, the result of organisms having identical niches.
3. Predation: Definition, examples, predator, prey, the role of natural selection, adaptations found in predators, adaptations found in prey, mimicry, adaptations found in plants and herbivores.
4. Symbiosis: Definition of symbiosis, types of symbiosis, mutualism, commensalism, parasitism, examples of each.
5. Properties of Communities: Species richness and diversity, definition of species richness, definition of species diversity, the species-area effect, the result of habitat destruction.
6. Succession: Disturbances, definition and examples of disturbances, types of succession, primary succession, examples of primary succession, secondary succession, examples of secondary succession, pioneer species, climax communities.
7. Succession in a Marine Ecosystem: A Whale-Fall Community.
The download will include both a Word document as well as a pdf form of the quiz.
Related products include:
Introduction to Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Population Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Community Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 1: Energy Flow and the Recycling of Matter PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 2: Biomes of the World PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Humans and the Environment PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Set of 6 Ecology Crossword Puzzles - FREE
FREE Graphing and Data Analysis Activity on the Symbiotic Relationships of Mycorrhizae
Biology Lab: Soil Communities
Community Ecology REVIEW Powerpoint of 50 Questions/Answers
Lichens: Informational Text, Critical Reading and Lab Activity
Community Ecology Unit Test
Predator Prey Informational Text and Graphing Activity
Amy Brown - Science Stuff