Community Helpers is a thematic unit based in social studies. Inside this unit, you will find a generous amount of materials to support direct instruction, small-group work, and independent practice. Students will receive exposure to 10 different community helper titles as well as what they do, the tools they use, and their importance in our community. While completing the activities in this unit, students will build vocabulary, discuss their ideas, participate in crafts and songs, and expand their knowledge of the world around them.
This unit includes the following:
* Student Reader (26 pages, half size, black and white)
* Teacher's Big Book (26 pages, full size, in color)
* Classroom Posters (full-size, in color)
* Teacher Activity Cards (provides additional information, songs, crafts, and cross-curriculur activities - a full days lesson)
* 4-Block Graphic Organizers
* Maze Puzzles
* 40 playing cards (visual cards for use in games, sorting, whole-class and small-group instruction, or as a method of assessment)
* 2-page assessment over Community Helpers and concepts
Please download the preview for a sneak peak at all of the great resources included in this unit!