This is a 155 page unit about community helpers for PreK, Kindergarten, or 1st grade (different leveled materials are included to meet your students' specific needs). In this unit, students learn about the difference between wants and needs, and then they learn about community workers who meet our needs. Students learn about the jobs, tools, uniforms, and transportation of firefighters, police officers, and doctors/nurses, and then get to choose what other community workers they would like to learn about.
Here's what the unit includes:
- Unit goals (essential questions)
- Detailed lesson plans for 22 days of instruction, including technology integration
- All materials needed to teach the lesson plans, including writing/drawing paper and graphic organizers (just add nonfiction books)
- 1 printable readaloud book about needs and wants
- Printable pictures and vocabulary words for posting around the classroom
- List of suggested texts for use with the unit
- Literacy and math centers (materials included)
- 8 different printable guided reading books about community helpers (different levels included at a PreK thru 1st grade reading level)
- 2 different options for a final project
Please download the FREE preview before you purchase!