This package includes TONS of comprehension photo cards and answers on both the word and sentence level.
Comprehension cards come in four categories:
1) Verbs - 78 photo/word cards on both the word and sentence level (examples include swimming, running, sitting, eating, riding, playing)
2) Adjectives/Adverbs - 108 photo/word cards on both the word and sentence level (examples include dirty/clean, fat/thin, big/medium/small, hot/cold, quiet/loud, first/last, up/down)
3) Prepositions - 74 photo/word cards on both the word and sentence level (examples include on/off, in/out, next to, behind, between - with multiple examples for each)
4) Categories - 22 photo/word cards on both the word and sentence level (examples include food, clothes, animals, shapes)
This is a huge resource for students who are just learning basic comprehension skills or higher level students who need independent practice with these skills.
This can be used as a quick and easy oral language assessment for preschool students or an oral/written language assessment for elementary school, ESL, and special education students.
Each set includes activity ideas such as:
- ask "what is the ___ doing?" --> student answers verbally with word/sentence
- match pictures to words (give a variety of choices)
- write action word on back of picture card (ex. "shopping")
- write sentence on back of picture card (ex. "The girl is shopping.")
These are designed to be printed on 3x5 index cards for durability. However you can also print them off on regular 8 1/2 x 11 paper - just print multiple per sheet.
Teachers can use these as paper resources or can print this out on cardstock and laminate the pages so that they can be used with whiteboard markers. Great for use in a literacy center!
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2010 by Mayer-Johnson LLC. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission. Boardmaker™ is a trademark of Mayer-Johnson LLC.
2100 Wharton Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Phone: 1 (800) 588-4548
Fax: 1 (866) 585-6260
Web site: www.mayer-johnson.com