Looking for a fun and interactive way to get your kids thinking about what they are reading and learning?
Try these spinners! Look great in color but can print well in gray scale. Print, cut and laminate! Easy to use: just have students place a paper clip and use a sharpened pencil to hold it in the middle. Spin the paper clip and you are in the game!
The following is included:
1. Suggestions for how to use the spinners
2. Summary Handout over SWBST and "Handy" Summary
3. Fiction Spinner Resource Sheet for playing the game
4. Fiction Reading Spinner (set of 2)
5. Nonfiction Reading Resource playing sheet
6. Nonfiction reading spinner (set of 2)
7. 2 answer sheets for the math games covering multiplication, decimals, factors, multiples, and multiplication math facts
8. Math Choose Your Numbers Sheet
9. Math Resource playing Sheet
10. Math Spinner (set of 2)
11. Spelling Resource playing sheet (customized for your weekly words)
12. Spelling Spinner (set of 2)
13. Social Studies Resource Playing Sheet
14. Social Studies Spinner (set of 2)
How to play:
* Students will be put into pairs or small groups.
* Each pair or group should have one spinner plus any materials used for that subject (such as answer keys, resource play sheets etc)
* Students will take a sharpened pencil and with a paper clip in the middle, use the pencil to hold the paper clip in place. Spin the paper clip. (You can always do the brad and spinner version if you want to)
* Students will refer to the resource play sheet to clarify what question or activity they are to do based on what the spinner lands on.
* Each game has it's own type of resources (spelling has a place for you to write your week's words for the game and you will need 1 die)(math has answer keys and a number sheet with columns to play)(Reading has a summary reference sheet)
* Spinners can be used in a number of ways! You can use them as an entire activity or to supplement your lesson! As students are doing paired reading, you can call out "Spin Time!" and have students spin as an interactive break to reading. Get creative and watch your students have fun while learning!
Thank you for your purchase. I see that you rated it low at a 3.0. If there is anything that could have been modified to meet your needs I would have been glad to see what I could do for you. I'm not sure what I could have improved on without constructive criticism but I feel that the product met a variety of needs and could be used in a variety of ways. My hope is that it will surpass your expectations in your classroom this year to come!
This is my 7th year teaching the 5th grade. I have been lucky enough to work in the most amazing campus. I teach reading in a departmentalized campus in the upper elementary grades and I am enjoying it! Reading is a passion of mine!