Your students will love using these math and literacy games and activities during Dental Health month (February)!
Included in this unit:
1. Tooth fairy fun- Students will match the tooth fairy card (the amount of money) with the matching amount of money that the fairy left behind (the coins)! This set is counting pennies 1-10 cents.
2. Toothbrush addition- Print and laminate cards. Students will use a dry erase marker to add the two numbers together! Numbers range from 1+0 to 10+10.
3. Loose tooth subtraction- Students will practice simple subtraction with numbers 1-10.
4. How does your brushing “measure” up- Students will practice measuring different objects with different lengths. A recording sheet is included for each set. There are 5 sets total and each set contains 7 pictures to measure!
5. Base ten brushing- Students will match the base ten blocks (tooth card) with the correct number (toothbrush card)! This set contains numbers 1-20.
6. Brush away those germs- Students will match 4 cards that correspond. They will match numbers, number words, tally marks and ten frames. (Numbers 1-20)
7. Teeth chart- You will need to print and laminate the big pieces for a whole class chart. The class will record words to describe teeth under the titles ‘are, look, and have’. I have also included a recording sheet so that students can generate their own responses or record the responses of the class.
8. Food sort- Students will sort the food pictures provided into categories based on whether or not that food item is good or bad for your teeth. I have also provided a recording sheet for this activity.
9. Vocabulary words- There are 14 different vocabulary words related to dental health. All words also have a picture. You could use these whole group when discussing teeth and dental health or post them for writing activities.
10. Say what- There are 7 writing prompts that are excellent sentence starters for your students to write about. These nicely accommodate any dental health craft or stand alone as great practice for writing.
11. What’s the word- This is the sight word game ‘pick, say, keep’. Students will pick a card, say the sight word and keep the card if they are correct. I have included the Scott Foresman Kindergarten sight words as well as the first 100 Fry words.
12. Letter match up- Students will match the upper and lower case letters.
13. Beginning letter- Students will look at the picture and write the beginning letter for that picture. Once they write the correct letter, the entire word will be spelled.
14. Medial sound- Students will pick a picture card. They will say the word and choose the medial sound. They will then place that card on the correct medial letter on the letter mat! I have also provided a recording sheet for the students to write out the entire CVC word.
I hope you enjoy this unit!!
***Please note: This is a bundled unit of my math and literacy activities. Each can be found seperatly also: