I created this item to help teach common core reading standards to my first graders in a fun and memorable way.
Here are many of the Common Core First Grade Language Arts standards that are practiced in this week long unit:
*Reading Informational Text: Key Ideas and Details
(1) I can ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
2) I can identify the main topic and retell key details in a text.
*Reading Informational Text: Craft and Structure
(4) I can ask and answer questions to help determine or clarify the meaning of words and phrases in a text.
(6) I can distinguish between information provided by pictures or other illustrations and information provided by words in a text.
*Reading Informational Text: Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
(7) I can use the details and illustrations in a text to describe its key ideas.
Materials needed: 1 sentence strip per student, an envelope with the words URGENT written on the outside and 1 manila file folder.
Detective Danielle Common Core Reading Comprehension
by Danielle LaSota
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License