THIS RESOURCE HAS BEEN REVISED AS OF JULY 2013
Students follow the step by step illustrations for creation of a deer, skunk, rabbit, fox, raccoon, and a squirrel.
There are several options for using this packet:
1. Step by step illustrations can be used to supplement your forest animal unit.
2. Students create their favorite forest animal upon the paper included. There are two levels. For Level 1, students create their animal and write its name on the line. For Level 2, students create their animal and write some sentences about it. The pages can be bound together into a class book. There are two book covers. After printing the full color cover, write your class name on the front and then laminate. The plain cover can be used if you would like for your students to decorate the cover.
3. The half-sized book can be printed and bound and used as an emergent reader.
4. The full color word cards can be used to aid in spelling and animal name recognition
5. A search for the animals spelling game and recording sheet is included
COMMON CORE STANDARDS ADDRESSED IN THIS RESOURCE
RF.K.1. Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
a. Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
b. Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
c. Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
RF.K.3d Read common high-frequency words by sight (e.g., the, of, to, you, she, my, is, are, do, does). RF.K.4. Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding.
SC.K.L.14.3 Observe plants and animals, describe how they are alike and how they are different in the way they look and in the things they do.
Download the free preview for a view of the package components!