Happy Earth Day! This Earth Day unit contains activities for three of my favorite Earth Day books as well as printables that can be used independent of any Earth Day book. In this unit you will find:
1. Brief Earth Day Book List.
2. The EARTH Book by Todd Parr
- Cause & Effect with The Earth Book.
- "How Can I Help the Earth?" writing activity.
- "Our EARTH Book" - Class book template.
- "I love the Earth" flapbook.
3. The Curious Garden by Peter Brown
- "Gardens Need . . ." writing activity.
- "How-to . . . Plant a Garden" - instructional writing.
- "My Curious Garden" writing activity
- Instructions for a curious garden in your classroom.
4. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
- "How Trees Help Us" - writing activity & craft.
- "How Can We Help the Trees" - writing
5. Additional Activities:
- Earth Day word search - two versions provided.
- ABC Sort
- "What Does it Mean? Earth Day Vocabulary" - Students match and record the definition of common Earth Day Vocabulary.
- "My 3 R's" - writing.
- "How I Can . . . Reduce, Reuse & Recycle" flap book.
**Please note that some printables come in multiple versions with primary and intermediate writing lines**
Thanks for looking and Happy Earth Day!
- Love to Learn, 2013