Topic: Enzymes, Catalysts and the Chemical Reactions of the Cell
This complete teaching unit plan contains 10 separate products. This bundled unit contains at least 2 weeks of teaching materials if you complete all of the enclosed labs. It includes everything you need to teach a unit on enzymes and catalysts to your life science or biology students. My free preview gives a complete description of each product that is included.
Best Deal: This complete unit is included on a shipped CD called Cell Structure and Physiology
, that includes 5 complete units. Click link for details.
When appropriate, I have included each product as an editable Word document, and I have also included each product in pdf form. Each of these products is sold separately in my TpT store, but buying the entire unit in one download will save you money. If each of these products were purchased separately, the total cost would be $20.75. I am selling the complete bundle of products for $12.99.
All answers are included.
The products included in this teaching bundle are:
1. A 36 slide powerpoint presentation
2. Notes for the teacher
3. Notes outline for the student
4. Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
5. Quiz / Test
6. Crossword puzzle
7. Homework Assignments / Study Guide (4 pages)
8. Lab: Acids, Bases and Cells
9. Lab: The Effect of Amylase on Starch
10. Lab: Catalase An Enzyme Common to Both Plants and Animals
11. Lab: The Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
12. Enzyme Graphing and Critical Thinking Exercise
This PowerPoint consists of 36 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher (5 pages) and a set of notes for the student (7 pages). The students get an outline of the notes that they fill in as the PowerPoint lesson is being presented.
Topics covered are:
1. The role of chemical reactions in the cell, definitions of chemical reactions, reactants, and products.
2. Energy in reactions, the breaking and forming or chemical bonds, the absorbing and releasing of energy during biological reactions.
3. Activation energy
4. Enzymes, the definition of enzymes, the role of enzymes inside living cells.
5. Enzymes make reactions take place faster and at a lower temperature.
6. Enzymes lower the activation energy of a reaction.
7. Comparison of enzymes and catalysts
8. How enzymes work, equation showing the role of enzymes in a chemical reaction, substrates, active sites, enzyme-substrate complex, new products.
9. Summary of the facts about enzymes
10. Factors that affect the functioning of an enzyme, excessive heat and pH will denature enzymes.
This teaching bundle is appropriate for all biology students in grades 8 - 12.
The products included in this complete teaching unit plan are seen below. Click on each link to read a complete description and download a free preview.
Enzymes and Catalysts and Chemical Reactions: PowerPoint with Notes for Student and Teacher
FREE LAB - Catalase: An Enzyme Common to Both Plants and Animals
Enzymes and Catalysts Homework / Study Guide
Lab: Acids, Bases and Cells
Lab: The Effect of the Enzyme Amylase on Starch
Lab: The Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Enzymes, Catalysts and Chemical Reactions Crossword Puzzle
Enzymes and Chemical Reactions Graphing and Critical Thinking Worksheet
Enzymes and Catalysts Quiz / Test
Enzymes and Catalysts: Jeopardy Review Game
Amy Brown - Science Stuff