The topic of enzymes and the chemical reactions that occur within cells is of great importance when teaching a class in biology or life science. Without enzymes, cells could not survive. The key to success in teaching this topic is to provide good instruction followed by a good review exercise.
This document is a 3 page quiz or test consisting of 33 questions. Question types include fill in the blank, short answer, multiple choice, and true/false.
NOTE: This product is also available in a bundled product called Enzymes, Catalysts and the Chemical Reactions of the Cell
All answers are included in the additional 2 page teacher answer that is included with this product.
The questions are of varying difficulty levels. You will receive both a Word document as well as a pdf form of the study guide.
This quiz is appropriate for any biology or life science class with students in grades 8 - 12.
Topics covered are:
1. The role of chemical reactions in the cell, definitions of chemical reactions, reactants, and products.
2. Energy in reactions, the breaking and forming or chemical bonds, the absorbing and releasing of energy during biological reactions.
3. Activation energy
4. Enzymes, the definition of enzymes, the role of enzymes inside living cells.
5. Enzymes make reactions take place faster and at a lower temperature.
6. Enzymes lower the activation energy of a reaction.
7. Comparison of enzymes and catalysts
8. How enzymes work, equation showing the role of enzymes in a chemical reaction, substrates, active sites, enzyme-substrate complex, new products.
9. Summary of the facts about enzymes
10. Factors that affect the functioning of an enzyme, excessive heat an pH will denature enzymes.
You might also be interested in the following related products:
Enzymes, Catalysts and Chemical Reactions PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
FREE LAB - Catalase: An Enzyme Common to Both Plants and Animals
Lab: Acids, Bases and Cells
Enzymes, Catalysts, and the Chemical Reactions of the Cell Homework / Study Guide
Lab: The Effect of the Enzyme Amylase on Starch
Lab: The Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Enzymes, Catalysts and Chemical Reactions Crossword Puzzle
Enzymes and Chemical Reactions Graphing and Critical Thinking Worksheet
Enzymes and Catalysts: Jeopardy Review Game
Amy Brown - Science Stuff