36 Slides! And notes!
Search words: enzymes, catalysts, activation energy, chemical reactions.
If you have never taught a lesson using a Powerpoint presentation, you have to give it a try! My students always prefer this to a traditional lecture. My students pay far greater attention to the lecture and have a much higher retention level when I teach in this manner.
This PowerPoint is on "Enzymes and Chemical Reactions." It consists of 36 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher (5 pages) and a set of notes for the student (7 pages).
NOTE: This product is also available in a bundled product called Enzymes, Catalysts and the Chemical Reactions of the Cell
I hope that you will download my free preview to get a peak of the slides and notes that are included in this product.
Topics covered are:
1. The role of chemical reactions in the cell, definitions of chemical reactions, reactants, and products.
2. Energy in reactions, the breaking and forming or chemical bonds, the absorbing and releasing of energy during biological reactions.
3. Activation energy
4. Enzymes, the definition of enzymes, the role of enzymes inside living cells.
5. Enzymes make reactions take place faster and at a lower temperature.
6. Enzymes lower the activation energy of a reaction.
7. Comparison of enzymes and catalysts
8. How enzymes work, equation showing the role of enzymes in a chemical reaction, substrates, active sites, enzyme-substrate complex, new products.
9. Summary of the facts about enzymes
10. Factors that affect the functioning of an enzyme, excessive heat an pH will denature enzymes.
This PowerPoint is appropriate for any biology student in grades 8 - 12. It can be used in first or second year biology classes, as well as middle school life science classes.
Also included is a set of notes to accompany this PowerPoint. It includes a complete set of notes for the teacher, and an outline of the notes for the students. These notes will be in both Word document form as well as pdf. Students will use the outline as the PowerPoint is being presented and will fill in the notes as the lesson is being taught.
Related products include:
FREE LAB - Catalase: An Enzyme Common to Both Plants and Animals
Enzymes and Catalysts Homework / Study Guide
Lab: Acids, Bases and Cells
Lab: The Effect of the Enzyme Amylase on Starch
Lab: The Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Enzymes, Catalysts and Chemical Reactions Crossword Puzzle
Enzymes and Chemical Reactions Graphing and Critical Thinking Worksheet
Enzymes and Catalysts Quiz / Test
Enzymes and Catalysts: Jeopardy Review Game
Amy Brown - Science Stuff