Spice up your review for unit tests using a fun game format! My students love to review using these Jeopardy Powerpoint review games. I have found that my students pay far greater attention to the review when it is in a competitive game format.
This review game is on enzymes, catalysts, and the chemical reactions of the cell. The game has 6 categories and each category has 5 questions, for a total of 30 review questions.
The 6 categories are:
1. Reaction Lingo
2. Intro to Enzymes
3. Enzymes 101
4. Enzyme or Catalyst?
5. Enzyme Fact or Fiction
6. Enzyme Fact or Fiction 2
Topics covered are:
1. The role of chemical reactions in the cell, definitions of chemical reactions, reactants, and products.
2. Energy in reactions, the breaking and forming or chemical bonds, the absorbing and releasing of energy during biological reactions.
3. Activation energy
4. Enzymes, the definition of enzymes, the role of enzymes inside living cells.
5. Enzymes make reactions take place faster and at a lower temperature.
6. Enzymes lower the activation energy of a reaction.
7. Comparison of enzymes and catalysts
8. How enzymes work, equation showing the role of enzymes in a chemical reaction, substrates, active sites, enzyme-substrate complex, new products.
9. Summary of the facts about enzymes
10. Factors that affect the functioning of an enzyme, excessive heat an pH will denature enzymes.
NOTE: This product is also available in a bundled product called Enzymes, Catalysts and the Chemical Reactions of the Cell
This game was written with a typical biology I class in mind. It can easily be edited to make the questions more simple, or more advanced.
I hope that you will download my free preview.
Note: This game is in reverse format from a normal Jeopardy game. This games asks a question, and the student supplies the answer. I have found that the normal Jeopardy format is a bit confusing to my students. This format insures a better review before a test.
Other products related to this topic include:
FREE LAB - Catalase: An Enzyme Common to Both Plants and Animals
Enzymes, Catalysts, and Chemical Reactions: PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Enzymes and Catalysts Homework / Study Guide
Lab: Acids, Bases and Cells
Lab: The Effect of the Enzyme Amylase on Starch
Lab: The Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Enzymes, Catalysts and Chemical Reactions Crossword Puzzle
Enzymes and Chemical Reactions Graphing and Critical Thinking Worksheet
Enzymes and Catalysts Quiz / Test
Amy Brown - Science Stuff