FRACTION WORD PROBLEMS ADDITION & SUBTRACTION
NO FLUFF - JUST 25 PURE WORD PROBLEMS TO SOLVE!
You receive 2 worksheets of 25 word problems involving ALL types of addition and subtraction of fractions with LIKE and UNLIKE denominators.
Each problem involves either addition or subtraction or BOTH operations together in one problem. Many of them do.
Your students will not only need to decide what operation/s to use, but must also solve the problems to LOWEST TERMS.
For use only AFTER your unit on addition and subtraction of fractions is in full swing. Students cannot solve these problems without prior knowledge of how to add and subtract fractions.
GREAT LESSON SUGGESTION - - - READ BELOW:
SUGGESTION:orally read and discuss all of the word problems DURING class and have students just give the correct operations discussing as you go along. THEN assign them to SOLVE the problems for homework! I've done this for years - works great.
See the thumbnails or the download preview to get a clear idea of these. Answers included of course. By David Filipek
* AlSO AVAILABLE FOR YOU OR A COLLEAGUE! - CLICK ANY LINK YOU WANT:
- FRACTION WORD PROBLEMS MULTIPLICATION AND DIVISION
- NO FLUFF, just 25 word problems all on multiplication and division of fractions. Students must decide the operation for each problem and solve to LOWEST TERMS. NOT for the beginner.
- NUMBER LINE POWERPOINT LESSON
- 50 slide Powerpoint LESSON dealing with the number line and positive and negative numbers. Designed as a whole-class lesson getting students actively involved in the answers. 5 different sections including less than and greater than. Great graphics and animation will hold their attention. Different and effective lesson! The Number Line!
- FACTORS OR NOT
Two full worksheets. Each box on these worksheets has 12 numbers INSIDE them and one number OUTSIDE the box. Your students must circle all the numbers inside the box that are factors of the numbers outside the box. Let’s see if they know their factors!
* * * GREAT TEACHING TO YOU!