NOTE: This booklet is a collection of the puzzles sold individually on Teachers Pay Teachers.
ALSO: Most of these puzzles are meant to be done after reading the book.
Fun with Great Works is a series of reproducible booklets based on classroom novels and nonfiction books. Each edition contains up to 40 pages of word puzzles! All answers are related to the book! 21 EDITIONS IN ALL!
The activities are clever and unique, not your typical word puzzles.
Students might be asked to:
* Supply synonyms for challenging vocabulary words.
* Unscramble key terms and main ideas.
* Form thought-provoking quotations from an assortment of letters.
* Decode encrypted words or phrases.
* Discover homophones.
* Identify or complete examples of figurative language.
* Translate the bookÃ¯Â¿Â½s dialects, idioms. or foreign terms.
* Identify characters from quotations.
* Complete analogies.
* Unravel merged words to form key terms and phrases.
* Rearrange "fractured" sentences to form famous quotations related to the themes of the book.
* Spell out key words in puzzle grids, based on the number of letters each word has.
* Complete crosswords with story elements and facts from the book.
MANY EDITIONS AVAILABLE!