For search word purposes: Fungi, Eukarya, mushrooms, yeasts, molds, hyphae, mycelium, mycology, decomposers.
Topic: The Fungi
This complete teaching unit plan contains 10 separate products. It includes everything you need to teach a unit on the The Fungi to your life science or biology students.
The products included in this teaching bundle are:
1. A 56 slide powerpoint presentation
2. Notes for the teacher
3. Notes outline for the student
4. Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game (Set of 2 Games)
6. Crossword puzzle
7. Unit Test
8. Homework Assignments (Set of 2)
9. Slide Lab on the fungi
10. Lab: Let's Build a Mold Terrarium!
11. Fungi Word Scramble Study Guide
12. Mycorrhizae Graphing and Data Analysis Worksheet
This PowerPoint consists of 56 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher (8 pages) and a set of notes for the student (9 pages).
Topics covered are:
1. What are the fungi?
2. Characteristics of fungi.
3. Fungi are heterotrophs.
4. Methods of food getting in the fungi.
5. What environment do they prefer?
6. The structure of fungi: hyphae, mycelium, fruiting bodies, spores, rhizoids, stolons.
7. Label the structures of a typical bread mold.
8. Reproduction in fungi: fragmentation, budding, spores production, asexual, and sexual reproduction.
9. Kinds of fungi: The four phyla are named and examples given for each phylum.
10. Life cycle of the common bread mold.
11. Phylum Zygomycota
12. Phylum Ascomycota
13. Phylum Basidiomycota
14. Phylum Deuteromycota
15. The Ecology of the Fungi: saprophytes, parasites, decomposition.
16. Symbiotic relationships of fungi: mutualism, commensalism, parasitism.
17. Lichens and Mycorrhizae
You will receive a complete set of notes for the teacher (8 pages) as well as an outline of notes for the student (9 pages). Students will complete their outline as they view the powerpoint presentation.
You will receive all materials in both Word document as well as pdf form.
Answer Keys are included for all documents.
This teaching bundle is appropriate for all life science and biology students in grades 7 -10.
The products included in this complete teaching unit plan are seen below. Click on each link to read a complete description and download a free preview.
The Fungi: PowerPoint and Notes for Teacher and Student
Fungi Crossword Puzzle
Lab: Let's Make a Mold Terrarium!
Set of 2 Jeopardy Review Games on Fungi
Fungi Word Scramble Study Guide
Fungi Unit Test
Set of 2 Fungi Homework Assignments
Slide Lab: The Fungi
Mycorrhizae Graphing and Data Analysis Worksheet
Amy Brown - Science Stuff