My students love to review using these Jeopardy Powerpoint review games on fungi. I have found that my students pay far greater attention to the review when it is in a competitive game format.
Topics covered are:
1. What are the fungi?
2. Characteristics of fungi.
3. Fungi are heterotrophs.
4. Methods of food getting in the fungi.
5. What environment do they prefer?
6. The structure of fungi: hyphae, mycelium, fruiting bodies, spores, rhizoids, stolons.
7. Label the structures of a typical bread mold.
8. Reproduction in fungi: fragmentation, budding, spores production, asexual, and sexual reproduction.
9. Kinds of fungi: The four phyla are named and examples given for each phylum.
10. Life cycle of the common bread mold.
11. Phylum Zygomycota
12. Phylum Ascomycota
13. Phylum Basidiomycota
14. Phylum Deuteromycota
15. The Ecology of the Fungi: saprophytes, parasites, decomposition.
16. Symbiotic relationships of fungi: mutualism, commensalism, parasitism.
17. Lichens and Mycorrhizae
NOTE: This product is also included in my bundled product called Fungi Complete Unit Plan Bundle of Products
This is a set of two Jeopardy Games. One game has 6 categories for a total of 30 questions. The second game has 5 categories for a total of 25 questions.
This game was written with a typical biology I class in mind, but is also very appropriate for a middle school science class. It can easily be edited to make the questions more simple, or more advanced.
This powerpoint jeopardy game consists of 63 slides. Please download my free preview. It has the first 13 slides of the game so that you can get an idea of how it works.
Note: This game is in reverse format from a normal Jeopardy game. This games asks a question, and the student supplies the answer. I have found that the normal Jeopardy format is a bit confusing to my students. This format insures a good review before a test.
You might also be interested in the following:
The Fungi: PowerPoint and Notes for Teacher and Student
Fungi Crossword Puzzle
Biology Lab: The Fungi
Lab: Let's Make a Mold Terrarium!
Fungi Word Scramble Study Guide
Fungi Unit Test
FREE Mycorrhizae (Fungi) Graphing and Data Analysis Worksheet
Amy Brown - Science Stuff