This 23-page center contains two ways to help your students practice and master analyzing data and created scaled bar graphs.
3.MD.3 - Draw a scaled picture graph and a scaled bar graph to represent a data set with several categories. Solve one- and two-step "how many more" and "how many less" problems using information presented in the scaled bar graphs.
In Version A, students will choose a data card (pictures of yummy holiday treats) and create a scaled bar graph using that data. Then students will choose the appropriate "analyzing the data" card (questions about that particular graph) and record their answers on the same sheet where they created the graph.
In Version B, students will match data cards to the correct graphs. After matching all of them, students will choose one graph and answer the appropriate "analyzing the data" questions. Answers are recorded on a different recording sheet (since students don't have to create the graph).
What's included in the purchase:
- cover sheet with directions for Version A
- cover sheet with directions for Version B
- a holiday treat key (so the students know what types of treats they're working with)
- note to teacher about data cards
- 3 pages of data cards (6 cards total)
- Version A recording sheet (for student-drawn graph and data Q&A)
- note to teacher about "analyzing the data" cards
- 3 pages of analyzing the data cards (6 cards total)
- note to teacher about Version B graph cards
- 3 pages of graph cards (6 cards total)
- Version B recording sheet
- answer keys for Version B (matching graphs to correct data card)
- acknowledgements page
I hope you and your students enjoy completing activities that meet your curriculum needs while also allowing you to have a little holiday fun!
3rd Grade Gridiron