This power point includes a wide variety of graphic organizers to help increase reading comprehension and target specific reading strategies. This extremely versatile tool will enhance instruction and bring the life back into graphic organizers!
In this Power Point you will find 22 graphic organizers that each have their own design and purpose. (see the free preview download for a list of all of the graphic organizers) Every graphic organizer has a quick Side Bar in which the graphic organizer and skill is defined in "kid-friendly" language.
All of the graphic organizers already have transitions included for immediate use in the classroom.
Ideas for Use:
1. Save each slide as a separate power point so that you can focus on one skill.
2. Choose the slides that you want to focus on for a specific book to create a whole power point guided book walk for Before, During, and After reading.
3. Use the duplicate slide feature to create a scaffolded lesson.
4. Use the "Pure Black and White" print feature to print off the slide as a worksheet.
5. Save the slides on student computers for independent book project work.
I use these all the time with my students. It is more visually stimulating than an overhead, and they love the bright colors and transitions. I type in the slide as we are discussing and then we review at the end of the lesson or week.
I hope you find this tool useful. Let me know what you think! Rebecca
Also, for more reading ideas check out my website at wwww.readinginnovations.com
Graphic Organizers (Power Point Templates)
by Rebecca@ ReadingInnovations.com
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License