This is a set of three powerpoints - 58 slides total designed to:
• teach students how to isolate the independent and dependent variable
• write a hypothesis statement
• identify the control group and conditions to be kept constant in an experiment.
In addition to the three powerpoint set, there is a worksheet for students to practice their skills with (would also work well as a quiz) and a follow-along note taking aid so that students can concentrate on the content and not so much on the copying of all of the different experimental scenarios being presented.
In all, you get:
• 2 lecture-style powerpoints
• 1 powerpoint quiz
• 1 worksheet
• 1 note-taking worksheet to facilitate concentration on content
All of my powerpoints include powerpoint's simple and unobtrusive "actions" so that you may isolate important points with a single mouse click or tap on your whiteboard and avoid the dreaded, "head-down, madly-copying, not-listening" powerpoint syndrome students so often fall into :)
Note: these three powerpoints and the accompanying worksheets are part of a larger unit package that can be found here:
Scientific Method Unit
The preview file is one of the powerpoints in pdf form so that you can determine if the content of the work meets your needs.