Topic: Introduction to Ecology
This complete teaching unit plan contains 11 separate products. This bundled unit contains 7-10 days of teaching materials if you complete all of the enclosed labs and activities. It includes everything you need to teach an introductory unit on ecology to your life science or biology students. My free preview gives a complete description of each product that is included.
When appropriate, I have included each product as an editable Word document, and I have also included each product in PDF form. Each of these products is sold separately in my TpT store, but buying the entire unit in one download will save you money. If each of these products were purchased separately, the total cost would be $22.00 I am selling the complete bundle of products for $14.99.
All answers are included.
The products included in this teaching bundle are:
Introduction to Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
FREE Set of Six Ecology Crossword Puzzles
Introduction to Ecology Quiz
Introduction to Ecology Homework / Study Guide
Introduction to Ecology Review PowerPoint of 55 Questions and Answers
Introduction to Ecology Unit Test
FREE! Backyard Ecology: An Ecological Assessment of Your Back Yard
Lab: How is the Germination of Seeds Affected by Abiotic Factors?
Ouch! That Burns! Analysis of Local Ultraviolet Radiation
Habitat and Niche Practice Problem Worksheet
Lab: Modeling the Greenhouse Effect
Topics covered in this unit are:
1. What is ecology?
2. The Role of Climate: What is the difference between weather and climate? What factors affect climate?
3. The State of Today's Environment: The exploding human population, the sixth mass extinction, the damage to the ozone layer, and climate changes.
4. The greenhouse effect, greenhouse gases, human activities that contribute to the greenhouse effect.
5. The Effect of Latitude on Climate: Polar zones, temperate zones, and tropical zones.
6. Heat Transfer in the Biosphere: Winds, currents.
7. Levels of Ecological Organization: Biosphere, ecosystems, communities, populations, and organisms.
8. The living and the nonliving components of an ecosystem.
9. The theme of interconnectedness and interdependence in ecology.
10. Biotic and abiotic factors
11. Habitat -vs- Niche.
The PowerPoint consists of 42 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher and a set of notes for the student. The students get an outline of the notes that they fill in as the PowerPoint lesson is being presented.
This teaching bundle is appropriate for all biology students in grades 7 - 12.
You may also be interested in these related products:
Population Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Community Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 1: Energy Flow and the Recycling of Matter PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 2: Biomes of the World PowerPoint and Notes
Humans and the Environment PowerPoint and Notes
Amy Brown - Science Stuff