This unit test was written to test the material on my introductory unit on ecology, Introduction to Ecology.
The document contains 51 questions. There are 32 fill in the blank questions, 13 multiple choice questions and 7 short answer questions. Answer key is provided.
This quiz is appropriate for biology or life science students in grades 7 - 10.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is also sold in a complete unit plan bundle of products called Introduction to Ecology Complete Teaching Unit Plan Bundle of Products
Topics covered in this lesson are:
1. What is ecology?
2. The Role of Climate: What is the difference between weather and climate? What factors affect climate?
3. The State of Today's Environment: The exploding human population, the sixth mass extinction, the damage to the ozone layer, and climate changes.
4. The greenhouse effect, greenhouse gases, human activities that contribute to the greenhouse effect.
5. The Effect of Latitude on Climate: Polar zones, temperate zones, and tropical zones.
6. Heat Transfer in the Biosphere: Winds, currents.
7. Levels of Ecological Organization: Biosphere, ecosystems, communities, populations, and organisms.
8. The living and the nonliving components of an ecosystem.
9. The theme of interconnectedness and interdependence in ecology.
10. Biotic and abiotic factors
11. Habitat -vs- Niche.
The download will include both a Word document as well as a pdf form of the quiz.
Related products include:
Introduction to Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Population Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Community Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Tacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 1: Energy Flow and the Recycling of Matter PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 2: Biomes of the World PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Humans and the Environment PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Set of 6 Ecology Crossword Puzzles - FREE
Introduction to Ecology Homework / Study Guide
Introduction to Ecology Review PowerPoint of 55 Questions and Answers
Introduction to Ecology Quiz
FREE! Backyard Ecology: An Ecological Assessment of Your Back Yard
Lab: How is the Germination of Seeds Affected by Abiotic Factors?
Ouch! That Burns! Analysis of Local Ultraviolet Radiation
Habitat and Niche Practice Problem Worksheet
Lab: Modeling the Greenhouse Effect
Amy Brown - Science Stuff