This 22-slide Power Point presentation comes with a skeleton outline for easy student note-taking. The presentation covers five basic questions about imperialism:
1. What is imperialism?
2. Who were the imperialists?
3. When did imperialism take place?
4. Where did imperialism take place?
5. How did imperialism take place?
The presentation also goes into great detail on the fifth question by looking at the social, political, and economic reasons for imperialism. The assignment also includes seven questions that the students are to answer throughout the presentation. These questions have a three-fold purpose:
1. To check for student understanding.
2. To promote classroom discussion.
3. To keep student engagement level high.
12 years high school teaching experience including International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement courses.
Subjects taught: World History, AP Human Geography, History and Geography of Non-Western Cultures and U.S. History