PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
7.89 MB | 25 pages
Kids usually love fairy tales and folk tales. This Jack and the Beanstalk unit will build reading comprehension skills while allowing the students to have fun with literacy. A range of activities, including drama and singing, are provided to help you cater to the different needs in your classroom. The unit includes the following:
1. Text comprehension questions
2. Higher order, personal connection and critical thinking questions
3. Story mapping worksheets covering setting, characters and plot, including extension questions
4. Reader's Theatre Script and full-page colored character images
5. Song lyrics which could be sung to the tune of "Jack and Jill", retelling the story
6. A suggested teaching plan
7. An answer key
A second version of each worksheet is included with dotted lines for those students who still need to practice their printing and proper letter formation.
Other reading comprehension units you may be interested in: