Your students will LOVE celebrating books with this fun packet!
In this 59 page packet, you will find:
- A Book Celebration Invitation - Invite students to bring in their favorite books and stuffed animals from home to "cozy up with" in the classroom
- A Special Bookmark - Write a special message on the back of a bookmark and give it to your students as a sweet gift
- "We're Off On a Book Adventure" Postcard - Students read a book and then write a postcard about the book to a friend, teacher, parent, or even the author
- A Write Your Own Author Study- Students research an author and write a mini-report about that special person
- A Reading Log Recording Sheet - Students can record how many nights they read in one month. The goal is to have the sheet filled by the end of the month!
- Graphic Organizers and Printables (favorite book, problem/solution, comparing texts)
Word Work Activities:
That's Just Silly! - Students read silly sentences and then re-write them using correct capitalization, spelling and punctuation
It's Time to Rhyme! - Students sort rhyming words vs. non-writing words and then use the pairs of rhyming words in sentences
Silly Word Scramble - Students have to make as many words as can they with the words "birthday" and "celebrate"
Please view the Preview to see more of what is included!