This is a 9-slide PowerPoint presentation for grades 4 and up on comma usage with appositives and compound sentences. The presentation includes:
1) an overview of appositives;
2) examples of properly punctuated appositives in sentences;
3) practice punctuating sentences with appositives and writing sentences with appositives;
4) an overview of compound sentences;
5) an overview of coordinating conjunctions
6) examples of properly punctuated compound sentences with coordinating conjunctions;
7) practice punctuating compound sentences and combining simple sentences into compound sentences with coordinating conjunction.
I am ing my 19th year of teaching and have taught in grades 2, 3, 4, and 5. I have also served as an elementary writing coach.
In addition to teaching, I am a writing consultant for several universities in my home state of Alabama.