NOTE: I may have used a font in this presentation that you don't have on your computer, which will make the text "jump around." If that's the case, please contact me with your email address after downloading, and I'll be happy to email the font to you to prevent you from having to adjust the text.
This is a high-interest, Harry Potter inspired, 16-slide PowerPoint presentation on possessive nouns and pronouns for grades 4 and up. The PowerPoint includes the Harry Potter theme music in the background (if the music doesn't come through with the download, I'd be happy to email the music file to you!). The presentation includes:
1) a review of singular and plural nouns (with examples);
2) a review of pronouns;
3) an overview of possession;
4) an overview of singular and plural possessive nouns (with examples);
5) an overview of joint and separate possessive nouns (with examples);
6) an overview of possessive pronouns (with examples);
7) independent practice of concepts covered in presentation.
I am ing my 19th year of teaching and have taught in grades 2, 3, 4, and 5. I have also served as an elementary writing coach.
In addition to teaching, I am a writing consultant for several universities in my home state of Alabama.