NOTE: I may have used a font in this presentation that you don't have on your computer, which will make the text "jump around." If that's the case, please contact me with your email address after downloading, and I'll be happy to email the font to you to prevent you from having to adjust the text.
This is a 15-slide PowerPoint presentation for grades 4 and up to introduce correct writing of major titles (books, movies, albums, magazines / newspapers, TV shows, works of art, and plays) and minor titles (book and movie chapters, song titles, magazine / newspaper articles, TV episodes, and acts / scenes in plays). The presentation includes:
1) instruction on how to capitalize all titles;
2) examples of properly capitalized titles;
3) difference between major titles (underlined or italicized) and minor titles (quotation marks);
4) examples of properly capitalized and written / punctuated major and minor titles;
5) independent practice to practice proper writing of major and minor works.
I am fairly new at this and I still have not figured out how to show more than one preview file. Would you please tell me how to do that. I tried to let tpt generate the files and then I tried to upload myself and I keep getting a message that they couldn't do it. Thanks, Nancy
I am ing my 19th year of teaching and have taught in grades 2, 3, 4, and 5. I have also served as an elementary writing coach.
In addition to teaching, I am a writing consultant for several universities in my home state of Alabama.